Friday, December 4, 2009

Introduction - Liz Walters


Hello! My name is Liz Walters. I am one of the six members of MPT’s Special Peace Team to Gaza during the Gaza Freedom March. I’m delighted to be on this team and I am delighted to participate in the Gaza Freedom March. We will be joining 50,000 Palestinians and people from all over the world on this march!

Over the years I have worked in Gaza on other MPT peace teams, so I am an eyewitness to the devastating grip of the Israeli occupation on Gaza and to the resulting misery that this occupation brings to Gazans. One of the many elements of the occupation is the Israeli closure of Gaza from June 2007 to the present day. The Gaza Freedom March will focus worldwide attention on the humanitarian crisis resulting from this closure. OPEN THE BORDERS OF GAZA!

2 comments:

  1. Liz- After being lucky enough to work with you,over the years I am so honored to finally have the opportunity to serve on an international team with you! Thank you for all you do every day to make this world a little bit more just and free

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liz, I am so pleased that you have found new resources for you talents. The treatment of Gaza is so deplorable and needs to stop. Keep up the great work. You are a wonderful role model.

    Peace, Terry Lloyd

    ReplyDelete